This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer vacation is here!
Oh, why don’t we make this a challenge? Let’s see how many of these we can do. No worries if you can’t do them all. It will just be fun to try!
Here’s a PDF version for you to print so that you can check off all the fun that you do! The Ultimate Summer List
- Go for a walk – I’m going to try some of these places.
- Pick something from Pinterest and make it
- Pick one of the books off of the New York Times bestseller list and read it – May I recommend:
I recommend this book to anyone who struggle with or has someone in their life that struggles with mental illness. It is refreshing and informative.
This was my first Ann Voskamp, and I found it so healing. I also recommend her book
The Broken Way: A Daring Path into the Abundant Life which I wrote about in this blog post.
This was the first Rick Riordan book I read, and I am addicted to his writing style. It is funny and educational. Easy to read, these books make the perfect beach reads!
- Write a note to a family member – I am a sucker for cute stationary and accessories. Here is what I use:
So many colors, so much fun!
I haven’t tried these yet, but they are on my wish list. I tend to write notes on cards and then mail them.
- Take a class (online or at a community center) Here’s my Pinterest Self-Education Board
- Go hiking
- Go whitewater rafting with friends
- Go camping
- Learn to paddle board
- Take a pottery class
- Have a spa day – I plan on going to Jeju Sauna. Read about my past experience here.
- Sing karaoke
- Learn a language – I like using the Duolingo app.
- Go geocaching – I would love suggestions as I haven’t done this yet.
- Go shopping at a consignment shop – I like to go to the Goodwills and Labels.
- Make something pretty at an A&R workshop
- Volunteer for something I believe in
- Get my new library card/Visit the library
- Take a 30-Day blogging challenge for writing
- Take pictures
- Roast marshmallows
- Have people over for BBQ
- Pick wildflowers
- Have root beer floats
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Host a game night
- Watch a thunderstorm – I actually just did that! Check! 🙂
- Unplug for a day
- Go swimming
- Learn to ballroom dance
- Have my friends over for some tea
- Go bike riding
- Have a random acts of kindness week – pay for Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, make sunshine box
- Visit the zoo
- Go berry picking
- Have friends over to play games
- Go to a baseball game – Braves vs. Orioles!
- Play tennis
- Go to a festival
- Go to garage sales
- Plant an herb garden
- Go shopping for new classroom supplies
- Learn to fish
- Have friends over for a Pinterest night/day
- Visit the botanical gardens
- Go ice skating
- Play paintball
- Learn to kayak
- Learn to golf
- Make popsicles
- Try PureBarre
- Lay out
- Go tubing down the river
- Draw something
- Play around with make up
- Do Arden’s Garden Two Day Juice Detox
Do you have any ideas? Any suggestions?
Let’s get this summer started!